While listening to the song I Heard it Through the Grapevine by Marvin Gaye I began to think of interesting things that can be done with grapes. I realize Marvin’s song isn’t about food….but that’s just how my food and music infested brain works. Here are a few grape ideas you can share with your grapevine of friends!
1. Remove the grapes from the stem, wash and place in a freezer bag. Put the bag in the freezer and freeze overnight. Thaw grapes at room temperature before devouring their sweet icy goodness.
2. Add black grapes, goat cheese and walnuts to a leafy salad.
3. Thread red grapes with chicken pieces on skewers. Brush with your favorite marinade and grill.
4. Top a pizza with red onion, prosciutto, cheese and halved black or red grapes.
5. Add green grapes to a creamy coleslaw or broccoli salad.
6. Toss halved grapes with balsamic vinegar, olive oil and chopped basil. Spoon the mixture on toasted bread that's been spread with herb and garlic cream cheese.
Have any grape ideas of your own? Leave a comment to share with the Cook-a-Palooza grapevine. Thanks!
* * * *
The Kitchen Roadie