Potatoes were given the cold shoulder a number of years ago when "carbohydrates" was considered a bad 13 letter word. But the spuds survived the shunning and it's time we give potatoes another chance because they offer so many healthy benefits. Here are a 6 reasons you should give potatoes another chance.
1. All taters including the sweet variety are free of fat. Nada, zip, zero!
2. Do you like vitamin C and potassium? Then get to know potatoes because they are loaded with them.
3. They are a crusader against disease. Potatoes contain glutathione and sweet potatoes contain beta carotene, both are photo chemicals that may help reduce cancer and heart disease. Wait there's more!
4. The sweet potato was awarded the vegetable with the most nutrients by the Center for Science in Public.
5. Are you looking for more energy? Potatoes contain complex carbohydrates which are vital in providing energy for the body.
6. Their inexpensive! A little of your hard earned dollars can buy a lot of potatoes.
Go ahead and give a 10 lb bag of potatoes a big hug! Mash, roast or turn them into wedges...it's all good for you in the long run!
* * * *
The Kitchen Roadie